View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 09:18 AM

CAN removal with bad consequence

Hello friends, last post was in 2009. I guess my S430 is getting old, so I am in need of assistance to diagnose the new problems I am facing. This is a 2001, 220170 S430 Mercedes Benz. Everything started about a week ago, when I tried to start the car, it crancked but never started, after many attempts, until I needed to go to my job. This happened early in the morning with an ambient temperature of 85 degrees. Next day in the afternoon, I tried, same thing, crancked fast but did not start. I then close the car with the remote, re-open it and after several attempts, it did start. I use the car for a week, Behaving as usual, and again it did the same thing next morning, but it had never started ever since.

I tried to read the codes, with the quick test, and there were many fault codes. The engine electrical test, were: Mass air flow, right and left oxygen sensors. I suspected in the CAN, so I removed the ECU, and big mistake. The car now with the CAN in place and everything re-attached, there is no crancking at all. When the key is in the run position, the big engine fan turns on. All the information in the cluster is on and ok, the steering wheel position itself, and the shift can be move to D when the brake pedal is pressed.

I seems like the ECU is not recognized. The computer was never opened. Just removed from the plugs, and re-attached.

Any ideas, please advice, I have the DAS and the laptop with the interconnector to read the fauts.

Thank you in advance.

Darrel