View Single Post
Old 08-26-2014, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel911 View Post
Not your fault but I have always thought that statement was sarcastically simple in implication. But, at the same time it is a good measure of how much Society values Teaching.

If I got a Job as Diesel Instructor at some Trade School I would have People like Yourself trying to fit Me into the "Those who cannot do, teach" and thinking that what I have to offer has no value.

This is not a respose to your comment but I am going to add it here instead of starting another Post.

Teaching is not valued because it does not show a Profit. As an example Privet Schools show a Profit, Teachers are better, Teachers get paid more and Students do better.

But, there is more going on then just the above. When Parents pay through the Nose they insist on value for their Money so the Parents pay attention to what is going on in the Private Schools and are right in the School Directors Face with complaints.

In other Countries where someone has to Pay for the Education of Children directly the Parents are actively going to make that Kid study and get as good a grades as possible.

That even works in Public Schools where Parents and Kids come from another Country where you had to Pay for Education.
The other issue is that Private Schools have a higher number of above averages Students to begin with.

It is really pathetic that with all of Mankind’s advancements that at least in the USA we simply do not know how to educate Kids.
Teaching should be valuable for the results it brings not because someone says it is great.

My point is that if you cannot diagnose what is out there today and can only do what was, the value is far less as time goes along.

It is not that we don't know how to educate, it is that we don't know how to graft motivation onto kids. On top of that, we insist on wasting resources on those that cannot and/or will not learn. By sparing me of the full sting of the stick of failure, you are robbing of the full understanding of the consequences of failure. This lowers the need and thus the value of education.
05 Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI
06 Polaris Sportsman 500 EFI
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Red
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Yellow
04 Tailgator 21 ft Toy Hauler
11 Harley Davidson 883 SuperLow