View Single Post
Old 02-03-2003, 05:40 PM

Mike,

Have no doubt that I feel the same way as you about cars and went through the same thing you did when I was in college. I agree that a car definitely has to have personality otherwise you find yourself longing for something better. I actually had a 190E before the Golf and I wished I kept it. It also had problems but for the extra money I could have fixed it and been better off. The Golf certainly looked good, and handled perfect (Best of all cars I've had) but I couldn't deal with the constant problems it was having.

My Accord purchase was due to some serious frustration from the bad VW experience, I figured I'd be satisfied but after 1.5 years I was itching for something different. The car was ok at best but didn't really stand out in any particular way. Handling was good not great, acceleration was good not great and it looked good but certainly nothing to fall in love with.

Thats why I have what I have now. It has 7/8 of everything I'm looking for in a car. Handling could be a little better but thats pretty tough to do with a 11 year old 3800lb car. The 500E's a keeper in every other aspect.

I plan on owning a Ferrari some day and I know it won't be reliable, but I expect it considering the stress the engine is under and what it's designed for. The VW just didn't make the grade for a daily car which is what it was designed for.

Current:
02 C32 AMG

Previous:
92 500E
84 190E 2.3 5 Spd