View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 05:00 AM
Renaissances Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmaysob View Post
have to disagree. milwaukee makes far superior tools.
I would agree for many tools. The only other Makita tool I have is an old 10 inch table saw. At least 13 or 14 years old. Milwaukee corded drills are first rate. And plenty of Makita tools are just not good. I used a worm drive (skil) saw of theirs once. Just bad. Huge torque twist on your arm at start up. Way worse than a real Skil worm drive. Some of the Makita chopsaws are OK but I like DeWalt better. One of the few tools in which I prefer DeWalt.

But I like Makita cordless drills big time.

While I'm on the topic, I bought a close quarter corded Milwaukee drill about a year ago. It's OK, didn't take it back but it's a step down from the Sioux version that they used to have (made by Sioux for Milwaukee) - exactly like the actual Sioux but with red plastic.

Here's the Sioux type I had and liked for years:

Here it is in red:

And here's the new one I bought, thinking surely Milwaukee would come up with a winner on this (small pic of it in the ad pic above):

You almost have to unplug it to change bits, it's so easy to accidentally squeeze the much wider trigger.

I'd buy another Sioux if I could but apparently they are unavailable. I used the hell out of mine - it finally busted.

Oh hey, here's a guy selling a new, unopened Milwaukee/Sioux drill for $868.91. Buy it now price. Just knocked $65 off the price. I'd like one but . . .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-8-CHUCK-CLOSE-QUARTER-RIGHT-ANGLE-ELECTRIC-DRILL-UL-/270684373615?pt=Drills&hash=item3f060bc26f

BTW, I also have a Neiko. Looks like a Milwaukee/Sioux but it's not nearly as good. Under $50 new. Not worthless but not by a huge margin.

Last edited by cmac2012; 08-30-2014 at 07:59 AM.