View Single Post
Old 02-03-2003, 10:43 PM

Mike. While I do agree with you, that good debate is welcome, and great reading material, we as members and guest on this site, have to remember that out of the thousands of members here, some will be offended. thats just the nature of the beast.

I am not one to get offended unless someone is making a personal attack against me, but when posts are reported to me by several people who found it offensive, vulgar, etc etc. then I must do what is required of me.

Thats my job here, and whether I want to or not, I must abide by the rules set forth by Bill Wood, Our webmaster. This is his house, and when people disrespect it, they are not only disrespecting him, but they are disrespecting every other member here.

I'm all for a good civil debate, but when name calling, flaming, disrespect, and or complaints roll in. Thats where we have to step back and dow hat is necessary for the good of this site.

This site is here because people use it for informational purposes. When the information gets tainted, it ruins the ecperience for many.

I have spokenw ith many about this very subject,a nd I have spoken with other mods, and we are only going to do what is necessary when it is required.

IF people were to start bashing my homeland, but their reasons are justified, then I will accept their views, because they have a right to it. But I wont accept someone trying to force me to see things their way, when I have voiced my opinion on something. Now if they can in a civil manner prove to me that my opinion is wrong, I will then of course take that into consideration and will adjust my opinion if I am so enlightened.

Regardless of what has happened recently, I consider every member here who I interact with a friend. And you know what, friends fight sometimes. that is life, and I understand that.

Alon