View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjts1 View Post
Yes locking up is not an indication of good working brakes. Crap brakes can lock up just as well. Its a meaningless metric. What's your point?
You should get a better hobby than arguing on the internet this one is not working out very well.

Next time you have .26 seconds to avoid death, and after your .15 to .25 sec reaction time is over you go ahead and modulate your self right into eternity... These cars do not have anti lock breaking systems so locked up is all you get in an emergency stop, this car handled the situation in a predictable and easily controlled fashion with a stopping distance of about 150ft the tires on my car are almost new.(which by the way has more effect than the brakes in this case so check them too) If I was in my F350 with antilock brakes that girl would probably be in big trouble... I was able to brake from 65 to a stop in about 150 ft while turning out of the way the first 20ish were locked up the breaks released smoothly and stopped the car with no fade. I think that speaks volumes about the quality engineering that went into these cars 35 years ago, that after 100's of thousands of miles they can still perform this way when properly maintained.

Stay safe