View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 04:31 PM

The outlet of the condenser should not be too hot to touch, regardless of charge and such. When too hot in my cars, I also get tepid cooling from the vents. When I had that in my 300D, I manually actuated the radiator fan (jumpered 30 to 87 in relay base), then the liquid tube cooled greatly and cold air blew. It seems my AC temp switch (on filter/drier) trips too high (both 300D's).

I had a similar issue in my 2002 T&C many months after replacing the AC compressor (Nippondenso, similar to Sanden). The compressor was also making noise. Nothing I did w/ refrigerant charge or such gave good cooling at idle and the liquid tube was too hot. I took the compressor apart and found the rebuilders had assembled it incorrectly, with 2 outlet reed-valve plates stuck together on one side and none on the other. It had only been working initially because the backer plate had been serving as a reed plate. After I re-assembled correctly, no more noise and cooling is great. There are youtube videos showing disassembly and say "almost impossible to re-assemble wrong", but these bozos managed. If it comes to that, don't be afraid to look inside your Sanden.