Thread: VCV Won't Suck
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014, 10:04 PM

Fixed

Zacharias and Silber, I wanted to let you know the problem with inadequate vac to trans was not a fault of the VCV. To start out, yes I tested the main line and have 22 hg on it. My main vac line was rebuilt and for one, there was a leak in the 3way splitter coming off the main line that fed the trans lines with the restrictors or jets. I fixed that with a new 3way and got 15 hg but it was slowwww to build up to that. I took it for a drive and the slamming was ever so slightly less but I knew it still wasn't getting enough vac. So I took the white with blue striped line feeding the egr switchover off and ran a line from its place on the main line distributor to the junction with the jets in it and now it's shifting like butter and no more flaring so I know the VCV is doing its job too.

I had the wrong understanding of the VCV's impact on vac. As soon as i realized it was dumping from an already supplied supply of vac, I decided to increase that amount of vac, I could probably have removed a jet and keep the original plumbing but for now its shifting too smooth to mess with.

Thanks guys,
Willson