Thread: Ticking
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014, 11:57 PM

Sounds like there is a possibility some of your local biodiesel percentage fuels may have issues. We have less diesel fuel issues generally up here in eastern Canada than parts of the states have. Especially in the last year or so.

Still there are some. Biodiesel here is no longer available here for many years as they really messed it up.

Injection pump sales locally went through the roof with the stuff. It was so bad I suspect the oil companies got tagged with a lot of the costs of the injector pump replacements.

Since the newer diesel engines arrived. Bills of 7-9 thousand dollars now to fix the fuel system are not unknown with a dose of bad fuel.

I am not paranoid about fuels but have over the decades experienced some issues I could have lived without. Anyways I hope your issue was only fuel related.

In the modern diesel engine warranties you void them with any percentage of biodiesel above 5 percent was established years ago here.

Especially when travelling long distance I am really picky about where I buy fuel. Only large busy truck stops have proved flawless in comparison to small volume outlets. If the truck stop is not busy I also pass them by.

The truckers would have stopped buying fuel at them if bad is my thought. Or perhaps the price is wrong. Also you usually get good miles per gallon with what the busy ones sell. Locally we had a brand that only gave you about 1/2 your normal fuel milage at one time.

Last edited by barry12345; 09-05-2014 at 12:28 AM.