View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 03:41 PM

I think it is worth the effort to attempt to sell it overseas. Cars cost much more in Europe I believe for the same new cars. For example a volkswagon tdi that may be had here for say 30k. May be at least 10k higher there when new. So I suspect the used car market value may also be higher.

I think it may be doable and is about the only way you may get a price you are happy with. As Tyler who is well versed in these things now states. In the north American market the value books are more likely to prevail with only a slight premium for the low milage at best. The german economy is so much more robust than ours to start with. Plus in general people there have far more money.

I might even try talking to a german bmw dealer through the net to get at least some estimate of what it could sell for there. Automatic translation is available I think you are aware and many germans will speak English anyways.

Or try initially to find a similar car on the german ebay to perhaps get some ideal. I wonder if the American bmw distributor is back shipping some used cars to Europe as well because the used car market is sounder there. So many cars in north America are on paper transactions it is perhaps disruptive to some extent as well. We may have won the wars in some ways but lost them in so many financial ways in north America at the same time. I suspect even the minumin wage in Germany is perhaps at least three times the average American one.