View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 03:48 PM

I really see no relationship to the size of the compressor and anything... since there are sensors for both high and low pressures...and temperatures in multiple places in the system...
If one were to want to increase the size of the ' already work inputted ' refrigerant..the side where it has gone through the condenser ... where for instance one could ' build up at higher speeds... then use at idle in traffic ( for a little while ) ... then I would suggest adding a receiver dryer to the one you have. There are valves which could be used to change out one at a time for moisture control ... if one needed that.... and it would be regulation MB stuff... these would be hooked up in parallel ... not IN LINE... that would mean one could be serviced without having to vacuum the entire system... I think the valves are called Roloc ... anyway.. they are mentioned in the archives..
and remember... as a test that 48 inch fan really meant nothing..You need one of those squirrel cage types immediately at your grill to impersonate traveling at speed.... and your blower needed to be on LOW with the windows OPEN... to insure that your compressor was on during the entire test... this is all per the FSM Mercedes AC manual.