View Single Post
Old 09-07-2014, 04:49 PM

Question BUMP: almost 50 VIEWS and not a single word of HELP!

Have located a wiring diagram (pg. 135 '88 to 8/'88 production) that shows a GREEN and BLUE wire going from the head unit back to the fader as the left and right "pre-amp outputs", then BLACK/WHITE, YELLOW, BLACK/VIOLET (I mistakenly described this a "purple") and BLACK/GREEN wires going back to the amplifiers as LF, LR, RF & RR (+) speaker inputs.

That leaves the two BLACK wires on the 5th connection I described in my original post (which, incidentally are connected as two spade terminals, one male and one female) as the as the left and right "on/off input" & the BLUE/GRAY as the switched 12v+... This accounts for the 8 wires in the fader...

I hope?

If I were to try and by-pass the amps without running new wires to the amps/speakers it would seem to me that running all the speaker grounds to the TWO BLACK and the various (+) speaker wires from the new JVC unit ( WHITE JVC = LF, GREEN JVC = LR, GRAY JVC = RF, & PURPLE JVC = RR) into the corresponding wires at the fader and using the JVC head unit for the front/rear fader function? This would mean NOT connecting the GREEN & BLUE wire on the MB loom. But what about the various speaker grounds?

This diagram shows a BROWN WIRE coming out of the pre-amp described as "signal ground" and becomes a BLUE and a VIOLET wire going to the amps where it again is described as "signal gnd". Should this not be consistant? It is, after all, hardwired.

Isn't GROUND basically = GROUND, regardles of the signal path?

HELP III !!!
'91 420 SEL @ 199K, '92 SVX @ 181K, '93 SC400 @ 86K, '93 Kaw ZX-11 @ 30K, '87 F250 @ 181K , 2001 Valkyrie Interstate @ 6K, Y2K Honda NightHawk 250 with 1.5K, '88 420SEL I.@ 179K & the 2nd latest, an '88 420SEL II.@ 210K runnin' parts car, '85 F150 300/NP435