View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul roberts View Post
Drain radiator, remove fan shroud and fan(special tool for fan clutch removal) remove WP pulley, remove belt tensioner (be prepared to buy new belt tensioner if at the end of adjustment) Some may remove power steering pulley to unbolt P/S pump to pull aside, I don't. I just remove #1 intake manifold bolt and roll pump out after removing bottom bolts with special wobbly socket. Make sure you loosen the 19mm bolt at the center of the tensioner before loosening adjustment or simply stretch the belt over the pulley to remove as not to touch the adjustment on the tensioner.
i would spend an extra 10 minutes and pull the radiator first.... gives you more room and piece of mind....

i had to pull the power steering pulley and partially unbolt the p/s pump to get clearance to pull the old water pump out.

I have done this three times over the years.... it is going to take 5.5 to 6 hours... toughest bolt is under neath the pump closes to block.... that one takes the wobbly...and you will have to tape the wobbly so it does'nt have too much play.

search may help you identify the tool

1997 s320 154k (what a ride). Sold with 179k miles. Replaced with Hyundai Equus

1994 e320 Cabriolet 108k

1972 280se 4.5 153k Owned for 12 yrs, sorry I sold it

[/SIGPIC]