View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 08:08 AM

Lol, these kids today!

Rules like skirts or shorts that go no higher than your fingertips is a pretty liberal dress code. Thats still a lot of skin showing.
I went to a high school that had a uniform requirement. I loved it, i have no sense of fashion, own few clothes, and could generally give a shlt. A uniform meant all i had to do was buy some pants, some shirts, some ties, and a few blazers, and boom, any combination had me dressed for the year. No thought required.

The girls couldnt wear skirts past a certain height measured from their knees or detention. Girls being girls they were always rolling their skirts up around their waists like a blind to show a little more skin.

My opinion is that exposed skin does not necessarily equal provocative. A woman wearing a suit can be a heck of a lot sexier than a halter top and cutoffs depending on the cut and how she wears it. High school girls havent learned this yet for the most part. But then on the other hand high school boys equate skin with attention, so maybe the ladies have their target market pretty accurately pegged.

Another month and the dress code drama cycle will be irrelevant