View Single Post
Old 02-05-2003, 09:27 PM
MedMech

Quote:
Originally posted by blackmercedes
Gl

My family is not that sensitive to fuel costs, but we're mortgage holders, and a doubling of our mortgage payment would be noticed, and then some. I don't really care that gas is $0.87 a litre, but with most families holding debts like mortgages and car loans, I am afraid of what will happen to the economy with Dodge's recent proclamations of rate hikes to come. The only hope we have is that our Prime Minister is a lame duck, and will be gone in the next year or so. He may not want his legacy to be a severe recession...
I drive roughly 750 to 1000 miles a week in my Tundra which averages 22 MPG on the highway even if gas prices DOUBLE I will still only spend 100-150 a week more on fuel or about an hours work no biggie. John do have they heard of Fixed Rate Mortgages yet?

The Economy sucked at the beginning of Gulf War I and heading down the economy given the historical events that took place in the last 2 years the economy is doing pretty good. Home sales are still at historical highs unemployment is not too bad considering the weather in the US this winter slowing construction. This “war” won’t take to long and it should be business as usual provided Saddam assumes desert temperature.