View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 01:06 PM

[QUOTE=mike-81-240d;3397154]It's a very bi polar idle issue.

It varies stop light to stop light.

The whole car shakes side to side and fore to aft. The car lopes, not hunting for idle at all, but it lopes. Occasionally misfire, smoke the lot.

Rack damper bolt had little to no effect on it.

Even attempted swapping from my rebuilt monark 265's to my bosch injectors, no change. Talked to whippleman104 at his shop, and he said he's seen it first hand and had to fix it.[/QUOTE]

I am not sure what you mean in the Red.

I tried the Rack damper bolt and it did little.

I am going to give the whole list of what worked for Me even though you tried the Injectors.

Valve Adjustment and rebuilding the Injectors took away most of the Shaking
Next was new Motor and Transmission Mounts

Then I had a small Air Leak that only showed up when under the hood it was hot. Replacing the 2 Sections of Fuel Inlet Hose cured that.

After that the Rack damper bolt was able to remove a little shaking.

Not related to My issue but others have had the Fuel Pressure Relief/Overflow Valve Spring compressed too Much or Fuel Supply/Lift Pump issues.
Long Fuel Pressure Relief Valve/Overflow Valve Thread
http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/showthread.php?t=234609

Typicall sources of Air Leaks the Fuel Inlet Hoses, cracked Primary (Plastic) filter and the Hand Primer; especially if you have the old Style Hand Primer with the Shiny Aluminum Body.

A few have said repalcing the Delivery Valves helped the Idle but I have not read a specific way to narrow it down to them.