View Single Post
Old 10-18-2014, 06:33 PM
dieselfuelinjector.guru

NOT A PERFORMANCE MOD BUT A CHEMISTRY ISSUE

Decided to move forward since almost all of the R&D is done for many of the mods. Looking back, a lot of time for very little once you "do it" or get it done. Actually, most of this stuff has turned out to be painfully simple. Hmm...

An easy one today was the WATER INJECTION. Whatever "blue" washer fluid I can score at the JY will go for injection. I need to buy an alchohol gauge (looks like a huge therometer) to make sure that I am getting at least 25% stuff. I am betting the JYs will start charging for this stuff. The water is not really used to boost HP, but more to clean out the chemistry aftermath of burning WVO. A small price to pay for almost free fuel. No flame wars on burning WVO please ...

The first part was making use of the modified 300D NA intake manifold. Cut off all the tangs and other odds and ends, and relocated the Welsh Plug. Sort of looks like the W115 long runner. It still has the 2 mounts on top which works out perfectly for this mod and application. This was my brain child. LOL

Then, installed the .75 gallon per hour mister (nozzle). I am using Devil's Own products again. I am keeping the 200 PSI factory settings.

You can see the 2 flush fastners and then the 4 fastners which hold the pump.

I am thinking of running the water line along the side of the Valve Cover, and sister it with the radiator hose. that should hide it pretty well. My resevoir is the Euro double kind which holds around a gallon and a half. About a weeks worth of water for me.

Ready for my electrical day which is coming. Let's see how little I can melt or zap ... lol

Tomorrow I should be able to wrap up my Cali Air Box Mod. Got the correct silicon elbow in the mail 2 days ago. I am thinking I will wrap that up tomorrow.

Then, next weekend, I plan on getting rid of the mechanical vacuum pump since I got that mod just about done. 3 more major mods, then it's turbo engine install time. All the mock-ups have taken months and months. Real, effective time around 10 hours ... what a waste ... lol
Attached Thumbnails
The Sleeper Part Deux-water-inj-1.jpg   The Sleeper Part Deux-water-inj-2.jpg   The Sleeper Part Deux-water-inj-3.jpg   The Sleeper Part Deux-water-inj-4.jpg   The Sleeper Part Deux-water-inj-5.jpg