View Single Post
Old 10-26-2014, 09:58 AM

Interesting project, progress?

Hi Tony, are there some news on your 5.6 project? After the Panamericana W108 projsct car I hadn't much time to go on with my coupe but now it is time to finish it.

So for your conversion I could tell you something about the the correct clutch to fit on your conversion. I tried several clutches on my 500 E W124 manual conversion. First at all the 3.5 clutch 240 mm is after the 280mm BMW CSi clutch one of the best single clutches you can use. The Alpina B7 turbo Coupe has a modified 240 mm Sachs clutch and had 560 nm with 330 HP. First I tried a combination of BMW E36 M3 clutch with sinter elements, worked great but not in everyday traffic. Than I tried the ALPINA TYPE (modified orginial 240 MB Sachs-clutch to Alpina standart) and it works well in a 560SEC-manual conversion. In my W124036 I use a modified 240 clutch used in tuned Turbodiesel Engines, good for more than 600nM and this goes very well.

The large V4 heads don't function in W111/108, they are 4 cm to large (this is why the M119 was never in the G).

Withe the heads down you have to work on your air conducts and behind the valve seats. Conducts have to be larged and litered (I use a metal ball for mesurment). The first 5.0 (like GGR) had 450 like heads and airintake and are a little "closed". So you can work on that. Behind the valveseat and guides is much material to make the mixture flow better.

Best PAgodino
Attached Thumbnails
Project: Iron block 5.6-a1.jpg   Project: Iron block 5.6-dscf8673.jpg   Project: Iron block 5.6-einlass2.jpg   Project: Iron block 5.6-kopfbearbeitung2.jpg