View Single Post
Old 11-01-2014, 11:47 PM
wrench dropper

I replaced the bulb in the trans shifter indicator.
I took off the air filter to explore the exhaust leak. It turns out there is no down tube for the oil, connecting the air filter to the oil pan. Instead, there is a hole in the bottom of the air filter housing. The blowby gasses were puffing out the bottom. My car has a 1985 engine with a 1982 air filter. I hear the '85 engines routed the oil drain from the air filter to a different location, but I do not know where (into the turbo?). I may just attach a few feet of clear hose to the oil drain on the air filter, and put a stopper on the end. If/when it fills with oil, I can unstopper it and drain it out.
I also noticed that the U tube that connects the air box to the turbo is missing one of its rings! Ordered it and also a missing filter housing mount.
The primary filter has little tiny bubbles flowing into it which may explain the missing at startup. I'll clean the tank strainer, replace the primary filter and see if I'm still sucking air.
Got Liqui-Moli and new fuel filters and will do a purge after fixing the above.
Ordered Alumilite products for casting parts. I'm going to start by casting new backup lights and then do the rear stop/turn lights.

Last edited by 300TD1982; 11-02-2014 at 05:20 PM. Reason: spelling