View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 11:44 PM

KarTek

Just did the resistor and diode mod to bypass the EGR. No engine or electronic lights on dash, no codes, however, though the engine does wind up to typical rpm and turbo does function (unlike when you simply unplug the vacuum line without the mod), I am not getting typical acceleration because I am not getting expected boost. From past monitoring of MAP pressure on my scangauge I do know that I typically get 15psi full boost (30psi MAP), but with the mod the car now accelerates much slower and tops out at only 7 to 8 psi boost (22PSI MAP). Have you come across this? I tapped the resistor/diode circuit between wire 21 and 35 as shown in the diagrams and I am confident that is correct and I also unplugged the vacuum line going to the MAF diaphragm. Is there another step that I may have forgotten? I notice in post 119 by scott19_68 there appears to be a tap to what I believe is a 12v line. Did I miss something? Why do you suppose that is there and where does it go and does it have something to do with the mod. If so I obviously missed something.