View Single Post
Old 11-11-2014, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdie View Post
There should be a line out of the fuel tank to the damper cage. Damper cage is just a hollow can. From it there is a line to the FP inlet. Out from the FP to the filter then line to the fuel rail.
Sounds like you are getting fuel to the fuel rail and the cold start valve is working. You are not getting a signal from the ECU to fire the injectors. Could be the impulse sender (trigger points) in the distributor. Remove check the wiring connection and clean them. Could also be the transistorized ignition (switch gear). Pertronics conversion which eliminates the regular points under the cap and the switch gear is an option. Under $100.00.
trigger points I heard my remote mechanic say before. the 350sl I found at the junkyard had a rectangular piece missing on the distributor, I assume that's where these are?
I can check that easy indeed. there also was a vacuum line from the intake to some sort of round thing on dr side firewall loose. that wasn't it though.
I happily replace a head on a 603, install a 1.9 instead of a 1.6 diesel into a vw vanagon or repair a cell phone but gas engines I just don't like at all.... too much can fail I think. not wanting to bash them, it's just not my thing at all.
all the help is greatly appreciated though!!