View Single Post
Old 11-17-2014, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxbumpo View Post
..... Simple physics, not really that hard to understand.
Sometimes a DYNAMIC system is not as simple to mentally visualize as it might seem.....

I have painted a few cars in my life.... and I know that in order to set the minimum pressure for the particular spray gun you need a pressure gauge near the gun... typically a three foot whip on the gun attaches to a gauge clipped to your belt and then that attaches to the air hose to the air compressor... I know that when you pull that trigger... that the pressure at the gun falls significantly due to the time it takes for the air to come from the compressor ... this is affected by the friction encountered by the air inside the hose...
But I have had people argue that it did not decrease.

I have had people on this forum who did not believe that an AC system which has had a leak must be considered compromised because they know that both sides are under pressure... thus can not draw in moisture laden air from the outside as a result. Even though the MB FSM on AC says that... they did not believe me when I said it....

Here is the problem with ' simple physics '......in a dynamic system...with pulses of air flow... pulses of pressure... gravity.... differences in temperature...
Sometimes they are not simple and it is easy to miss the interactions present without way more gauges and knowledge of the physics theories involved.