View Single Post
Old 11-25-2014, 10:38 AM

FS- 1983 240D 4-speed $1500, -RI

Have decided to sell my much loved 240D. This car has had a ton of work done to it, can't describe it all. please have a look through my build thread on the car.

new purchase, 1 dollar 240

Stats-

4cyl, 4 speed manual, manual steering, 375k on the body (odometer still working), documented 250ish k motor replacement (have to verify exact mileage from paperwork) 160k on the iron 4 speed. New suspension, new exhaust, new axles, Timing chain done, ect ect ect. (roof rack does not come with it). I have all the paperwork from new. It doesn't even leak. The car was in my wifes family for 8 years, and 2 years in my possession.

I have sunk a lot of money into this car, and I think $1500 bucks is a very fair price to pass it on to another enthusiast.

Rust- Ive done a lot of rust repair. fenders, quarters, driver floor. The next pending rust item is the passenger floor, but not immediately. It has an 85 interior from a much lower mileage car, so very comfortable. Ive made some changes to the body specifically with rust in mind, so certain things have been removed, prone to rust jack points have been plated over, ect. This may or may not be to your tastes, remember this is not stock in the body any more when you look at it. Its a drivers car, not a concours car.

It was repainted cheaply at one point, so a few small paint issues.

Why am I selling? I love the car, and it has served me well. I have made the decision that im going to stop driving these cars in the winter cause it just destroys them. I did a lot of rust repair last year and a lot of it is starting to surface rust again. I have another 123 and a 115 i intend to turn into summer cruise cars, and I will replace this 240 with some soulless piece of crap daily beater I won't feel bad about destroying with winter driving.

There are some issues consistent with an old car, but if you are interested, I will go through all the cars faults and charms endlessly with you. Please PM if you would like to have a look, tons of pictures in the above thread.

a few pics of the car- (comes with 4 extra mounted steel snow tires at 95% tread) These first 2 pics are Pre new 300D springs and shocks, so this car has some serious ground clearance shown in 3rd pic and rides great. No sagging a$$.