View Single Post
Old 11-29-2014, 12:21 AM
300cd

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixto View Post
Fuel is fuel. I'm unconvinced the 3.5 IP can deliver more fuel at low rpm in a way that will produce more torque in a 3.0. The fuel demands of a 3.0 at 4800rpm vs a 3.5 at 4300rpm suggests a 3.0 IP is more than capable. Both IPs have the same 5.5(?)mm elements so one can't outflow the other beyond the higher rpm capability of the 3.0 IP. Back off the full load stop of your 3.0 IP then consider whether a 3.5 IP is necessary.

Sixto
MB-less
i think it was gsxr that played around with the 3.5 IP on his 3.0 block. there are a couple of people that have and reported it really got out of the hole quicker. max rpm limit is a few hundred rpm less but they said they couldn't feel any difference up top in the rpm range. the elements are the same between the two but the 3.5 does use a different cam for a more aggressive and quicker delivery. i think it would be really interesting to try it as i really like all that torque off the line. don't care too much about holding it at the rev limiter for power unless i have a superpump that makes s ton of power and even then, i'd love to pull past some ricers at 3k
91 300TD- 722.6, #22 head, 3.5L IP, w140 manifolds, ect