View Single Post
Old 11-30-2014, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Stokes View Post

As time went on the newer vehicles came from the manufacturer with progressively improved rust protection systems and in the US most of the rust protection companies are gone. I suspect that the tendency for US Americans to get rid of their cars every few years has played into it, too. Even "Up North" in my native state of Michigan I don't know where I'd take a car for rust proofing these days.

I know - "Hell, Sonny, back in MY day......"

Dan
Dan,
Just a few points in case Northeners get the impression that rust proofing is not needed.

- We live in a Southern Ontario city of about 110,000 souls. I can pick from at least a dozen rustproofing shops withing a 10 mile radius of my home. Rustproofing is alive and well in Canada. Almost as many of them as Timmies.
- Based on some Michigan cars we have seen (relatives live there), there is large opportunity for someone prepared to open a rustproofing chain
- The products used is not a grease or wax and doesn't contain lanolin. Very thin water like product designed to creep into seams and leave a layer of Corrosion inhibitors.
- I was around in the days of oil sprays too, but those days are long gone, but anything is better than nothing!