View Single Post
Old 12-02-2014, 09:47 AM
I've become my Dad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnBob View Post
Based on your last post its waaay past time for a new radiator cap. If your system isnt staying sealed (air tight) the temps are sure gonna drop as you drive.
Well, here's the thing. I'm not sure the cap is the problem (it may be) but the reservoir itself was cracked and this crack only manifested itself with 15 psi pressure.

Well, this morning's drive was telling to say the least. The temps were great (90) and I had good heat. Climb a hill, hit the freeway and run it a little harder and they climbed to 100. They stayed there, but no more cabin heat. Slow down for a light, heat comes back on, and temps dropped to just over 80. Hit freeway again, and temps climb to 90 and stay there, with heat in cabin.

I think the reservoir is still cracked and leaking a slight bit under pressure. And the cabin heat could probably be a cold solder or mono-valve issue.

The only thing that worries me now is the correlation between cabin heat and engine temps. Makes me wonder if the water pump is on its way out, and the only thing moving the coolant around the engine is the small little electric pump for cabin heat!
BC Canada