View Single Post
Old 02-09-2003, 04:54 PM

Spunky:
First of all the all capital letter posts are really annoying, please turn off the cap locks.
I don't know if Scott has seen this before, but if you are installing the newer style CD changer into a 202 or 210 chassis and are having problems, I think I know the problem.
The newer changers are coming through set up for horizontal mounting, like for the glovebox of the 203 chassis. If you put it into a 202 or 210, it is going into the trunk and is mounted vertically. You have adjsutments on the side of the changer itself (take it out of the bracket) to change from H to V (horizontal to vertical). You need to pop the small plastic door off the side to change it. This, believe it or not, can cause all sorts of problems, including mainly your problem, the radio will display "NO CD", NO MAGAZINE", etc, as well as the changer skipping when driving on rough roads. No idea why your magazine is a different color.
You also have to take the car to a dealer and have the programming in the radio changed to reflect the addition of the CD changer, so the radio "knows" the changer is on the optical loop. The radio can also lock up or report "NO CHANGER" etc if this is not done, although it may do it only at certain times, not consistently.

Gilly