View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 05:55 PM
W123 Gripped

Afew years late!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar65pa View Post
Ok so I have an 82 300TD with the SLS and a bad diesel engine.

I bought a sedan engine. I was told that the "power" for the SLS pump comes from the head of the engine.

So how do I fix this problem so I can put the sedan motor in my wagon and still have a working SLS?
Ya I had to do this once... My girlfriend at the time had bad compression so she ordered a used engine... I specifically asked for a wagon engine and they assured me it was one.. got it and it had the wrong head!

If both engines are out of the car and on a stand its not so bad.. the hardest part of the job it timing the injection pump! If you do swap the heads at least you will have a new timing chain and head gasket.. but those parts are not common to replace...

Kinda fun...

Ya I am rebuilding my SLS right now... The previous owner put gas shocks in I am about to diagnose the SLS once all the body welding is finished,,, we are almost done cutting out all the rust and hand forging new metal pieces and welding them in ! It pays to have a blacksmith for a best friend!

I will try to post some pics...

I put new SLS Shocks in and new lines to the accumulators.. the system has been dry for 4 years! I will most likely need accumulators and a pump rebuild... I haven;t seen a listing for a supplier who sells the pump rebuild kits in this thread... Anyone know?

Thanks. wish me luck who knows maybe it will magically work!