View Single Post
Old 12-10-2014, 08:33 PM
DD MOD, HVAC,MCP,Mac,GMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by treetops View Post
Is this the DIY for a 99 e300. I asked PP and they just directed me to the model range at the top of the article. TIA
Yes, that's the same as the 99.

I have some complaints on the DIY though.

first, the Bearings should not just have grease on the outside! Grease needs to be forced between each bearing on the inside between the cage and the inner race. grease packer, or hand packing methods should be followed.

second, I'd NEVER use a drift to INSTALL a race... only use aluminum Race installation tool kits... they are only about 25.00 at any auto parts store, and you can return the kit to them if they offer rentals for Free!

Jay brought me his hubs today, and I drove out the races for him, and packed one set of bearings (the dealer forgot to give him the other set) and loaned him the tools to change the springs, and races on the other side!
I'm sure he'll take pics and update his thread when he is working on everything.

HINT HINT!!!

My drivers:
1987 190D 2.5Turbo
1987 190D 2.5Turbo
1987 190D 2.5-5SPEED!!!

1987 300TD
1987 300TD
1994GMC 2500 6.5Turbo truck... I had to put the ladder somewhere!