View Single Post
Old 12-15-2014, 10:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbomachines View Post
Sounds like business to me! LinkedIn has decent privacy settings, but they kind of defeat it's purpose to turn them on. The only spam I've gotten is from recruiters trying hard to get a hire. It's not uncommon to get a request from 3 different recruiters about the same exact job. It's a nice warm fuzzy feeling to know your profession is in demand though.

Sent from an abacus
When LinkedIn was new in the marketplace it was touted as a business networking/recruiting/job seekers environment, NOT a dating service. Not that dating services are bad (Match.com, eHarmony.com provide a much needed service) but a shovel is not a rake.

Let the speed daters hang out at Match.com and eHarmony.com while the hookers and johns can hangout at seekingarrangement.com.

OTH, business professionals tend to want to flock together in a professional business environment which appears to NOT be the case at LinkedIn. For those who can read the tea leaves this means one thing and one thing only. YOU ARE KNOWN BY THE COMPANY YOU KEEP. (one more time) YOU ARE KNOWN BY THE COMPANY YOU KEEP.

I don't want to present my business profile to an environment that is being used, abused and misused for OTHER purposes. Something tells me other genuine business professionals feel EXACTLY the same way.......