View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 03:51 PM

My motto is basically "f**k the cloud with a fire axe." But I don't lament the loss of DVD drives on Apple computers one bit. You can get an external DVD drive for anywhere from $30 to $80.

And the slot-loading drives on recent Apple computers were awful. Prone to jamming, scratching DVDs, and refusing to eject. Almost worse than not having a DVD drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyMan View Post
This. Both Apple and Microsoft need to pull their heads out of their a**. Many people still have a need to play DVD/CDs on their computers. No matter what anyone says, it is nice to have a hard copy of the software on CD. In more than a few instances, CD software saved my bacon; also people get training DVDs from work to take home and play on their computers. Then you have the movie buffs who like to watch DVD movies on their computers. I'm not one of them but that doesn't negate that fact that they want to play DVD movies on their computers. That said, do the Apple boys understand there is STILL a need for a built in DVD/CD player/writer? It doesn't appear they get it; they live in a world where EVERYTHING "lives in the cloud". This one issue has cost Apple LOTS OF $$$$$$ in terms of lost sales to PCs. Hello Apple Marketing? Time to WAKE UP and SMELL THE COFFEE!!!