View Single Post
Old 12-17-2014, 04:22 PM

Sorry for delayed reply.
How do I apply for the 250,000 km badge? I would proudly wear it.
I am glad to hear you think I can hit 350 K miles. The car at this point has so little resale value ( my MB dealer is telling me $5 K or less) that a major repair like transmission or engine work could approach that, but until something breaks I will keep on trucking.
The big repair items so far have been:
- crank shaft position sensor and transmission control module( forget name), both repaired under warranty.
- new starter, my cost.
- new rear shocks, my cost.
The big P in the A was the leaking rear roof hatch that allowed water inside and ruin the automatic rear hatch motor . At one point I had 5 gallons of water sloshing around down there. They removed drain plugs below and sealed the leaks on top. They would not pay to replace the fried motor so I just operate it manually.
Overall for my needs, the ML has been superb. That 7 speed trans is a vast improvement. It is always in the right gear like it reads your mind. The car is a rocket ship and probably the fastest of the 14 MB's I have ever owned.
If something happens I would just get the same car in a newer model year. The only issue would be the run flat tires on the ML Blutecs. That may force me to get a gasser ML350 but I would hate to leave the diesel propulsion.
All good.
jz