View Single Post
Old 12-20-2014, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdrun View Post
I think the K-loop is a modification to the K-jetronic injection to give it closed-loop (O2 sensor) control and support a catalytic converter. This is probably a grey market car modified to meet USA smog standards.

As far as I know, K-jetronic injection is mostly mechanical, and will work with the electronics disabled, as long as the pump is running. If you want to rule out the fuel injection, dump a bit of fuel or starting fluid into the intake and see if the engine fires.

Are you sure the engine has spark? You need three things -- fuel, spark, and compression for the motor to run.
I checked plug #1 and it had white spark. The fuel pump would not run when ignition was in position 3. When I would turn the motor over...the fuel pump runs and spits very strong stream of fuel from the supply hose to fuel distributor(I had it disconnected for the check). I know on my 1989 300se, the fuel pressure regulator had a leak and wouldn't start. I took it off and replaced, then the car ran like a dream and wouldn't stall out when it reached operating temp.
I was wondering where the fuel regulator is on my 380sel and if it could be the culprit??? Please help!