It is a horrible day here in Tidewater....rain rain rain. I decided not to head up to Richmond as I thought about this whole thing last nite and I believe that the repair job would be major for a DIYer. And as I noted in one of my earlier posts, I am very leery of any sort of fire damage. I am swamped at work right now and this project would probably turn into something major. I would not be able to turn the car for a min of 6 months with the workload I have at the office. So at the current bid PLUS the parts I would have to track down, I would be carrying a load of debt until I was able to sell the car.
I am going to keep my eye on the bidding. Usually things heat up the last 24 hrs, so it will be interesting to see what the car goes for finally.
I might be missing out on a great opportunity, but I can live with that right now.
If you did ever get digital photos, I would be interested in your thoughts.
I wish well and good fortune to whomever does get it.