View Single Post
Old 12-23-2014, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklim View Post
And maybe that is PART, not all, PART of why it failed.

For a military, you bet. I'd not be asking for AC, stereo, 12 way reclining seats, etc, etc. For a car to go around town or cross country, why would I need to subject myself to discomfort and pay for it? Makes no sense to me.

Why is it useless around town? They gave me one as a loaner for a few hours and it wasn't bad.
different strokes here,

the defender market was not mommy mobiles with dvd players playing mickey mouse or 500 way massage seats for the driver. It was bought usually by people who actually had to go offroad - seen lots of them in the kalahari desert.

I had the agony of driving the monstrosity called the H2 - and I live in Houston (roads are pretty large here - it still was bad - and I was tired after 3 hours in it) - doesnt park easily, very clumsy controls, bad visibility whole thing shakes on bad roads.

I dont see it being useful as a mommy carrier or even doing butch duty - maybe I ask too much from vehicles.

currently my concerns are long times in driving seat - hence easement and comfort, less fatigue - my car checks those points.

1995 E300D - The original humming machine (consumed by Flood 2017)
2000 E320 - The evolution (consumed by flood 2017)