View Single Post
Old 02-10-2003, 06:16 PM
Certified diesel nut

Question "Clean" DMV record for driving job?

Chances are I already know the answer to this, but I figured I'd ask. If someone's looking for a driving job and a potential employer asks for a clean DMV record, are most employers looking for a squeaky-clean record with nothing whatsoever in it? I consider myself a fairly good driver for someone my age; I don't speed (sometimes, in the Benz, I accidentally start going a bit faster, but I qickly correct that), and follow traffic laws very carefully, but I do have one ticket in the last 3 years (failure to stop at a stop sign; I know for a fact that I stopped, but either the cop who was watching missed it or was looking to get someone for something). That is the only blemish on my record. Basically, should I even bother trying? I'm looking for something along the lines of a courier or something; this isn't permanent. I'm just looking for something that won't require a lot of lifting (with my last job, I proved that my back can't handle that) and isn't retail, and I figure that something like that would be perfect for me. Primary goal is to save up enough to pay for a 4 year school so I can get my bachelor's.

Any thoughts appreciated...thanks in advance!