View Single Post
Old 01-04-2015, 12:46 PM

1983 Mercedes Benz W123 300D

For sale is my beautiful 300D with 142K original miles. I was restoring this car for my son as his first car, but we have decided to sell it in order to buy him a front wheel drive vehicle. He lives in New York and needs something in the ways of a FWD or AWD vehicle for the weather conditions up there.

Body:

The car just had a windows out and all trim removed quality re-paint for $3,500 in the original Champagne Metallic color. This was not a cheap Maaco respray with every thing taped up. The body is straight and rust free. Both rear and front windshield gaskets were replaced new after the paint work. The head lights were updated to OEM Euro spec units and Euro bumpers added. I have a hood start and will install it before sale.

Interior:

The interior is in above average shape. I installed a wooden Raid steering wheel, but can replaced with the original if preferred. The dash is very nice with only one small crack by the right speaker grille.

Mechanics:

The car has recently been tuned with valves adjusted and filters changed. All fluids have been changed and there are no leaks from the drivetrain. The brakes were overhauled with new calipers, rotors, pads, and master cylinder. It has had the shocks replaced within 20K miles with Gabriels. The wheels are 16 inch CLK light weights with almost new Dunlop tires. There are no rash on the rims.

Needs:

The rheostat for the dash lights needs to be replaced.
The sunroof is not operational.
The AC needs to be recharged.

*I will be working on sorting these issues, but do not guarantee getting them finished as I am very busy with work.

Extras:

The following items will come with the car, but are not pictured.

Sheepskin seat covers.
Wooden shift knob.

The following items will be offered to the buyer at an additional cost...

I have a set of H&R performance lowering springs which I will sell separately.
I also have a set of ARC 15" Bundt wheels that I will sell separately.

Pictures of the Bundt wheels:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/93345860@N02/sets/72157650121269495/

Additional pictures of the car:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/93345860@N02/sets/72157649572435127/

I am asking $6,900 obo...Please feel free to ask questions about the car.