View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 12:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimFreeh View Post
For the SRS light, there is a common issue with the harness in the steering column. There is a factory fix where you install a longer harness. BTDT.

And, if one sensor goes out, it can trigger several malfunction codes. In my case, the right front wheel sensor went out, and I lost ABS, cruise, and something else..... all needed the wheel speed input.

I have access to the MB diagnostic system, which is probably a necessity if you own one of these cars and want to do it yourself.

Jim
Jim,

Are you familiar with the W210 throwing the ABS malfunction code sporadically, then the code erasing itself after the steering wheel is turned lock-to-lock a couple times to erase that code? I am, thinking this steering wheel column wiring harness may have something to do with the W210 as well, since it started after the trunk release started malfunctioning and opening on it's own when the car was parked, because the trunk release was held in the up, or open position strongly too many times over the years. Just wondering if you've ever experienced this paradox with any of your older '90s E-Class MBs?