View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
They come with a reducing adapter so that they can fit two sizes of female thread.
What year and model lift pumps need a reducing bushing in order to fit the updated primer pump? I'd think the sealant is recommended by Bosch only between the bushing and the primer pump since it is not a self sealing pipe thread. Once the sealnt is applied, it is permanent and the bushing would never have to be undone again so FOD is not an issue there. The seal between the primer pump/bushing to the lift pump would then be just the copper washer, no sealant.

You said the dealer gave you a copper washer that is too large which you were able to seal with the addition of sealant. Maybe if you had the correct washer, it would have sealed by itself without the need of sealant? I think sealant of any type is a bad idea anywhere in a diesel fuel injection system. I do not recall anywhere in the diesel fuel injection section of the FSM calling for it. But if nothing else works.........drastic measure is a last resort.