View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biopete View Post
Made you look didn't I? I'm the proud owner of a 2006 E320 CDI with 146,000 miles on it. Thanks to Tyler for pointing it out in Dallas. With these coming down in price now, we'll need some troubleshooting help and a lot of it let me tell you.

Overall, I like the car after driving it a couple weeks. This W211 is a bit smaller than the the W210 and a serious down to business daily driver. Do you need to make a 30 minute commute in 20 minutes? This is a good car for you.

I paid $8000 out the door and then just forked out 717.00 in taxes and registration in TN. The car runs perfect. I got it cheap because some issues that can't be taken care of by a car dealer for cheap. It has a small crack in right top corner of windshield, nothing to worry about. It was blowing no heat in dallas at the time but it is working fine now. the electric engine fan runs all the time (hopefully the 20.00 temp sensor) and it has 5 non critical -ie not red -- mercedes messages which can only be diagnosed by the star system. Messages are
" Display malfunction. Visit workshop"
"Cruise control - visit workshop" . Cruise doesn't work but if i let car sit a few days, it will work the first time i start it
"SRS system - visit workshop" -- srs light is on too
and too others i'll have to check.

Parktronic button doesn't do anything. Neither does the c or s button.

Also, front left ball joint or joints are squeaking bad. One was replaced i can see. Also its missig 3 jack pads which i got here for 8.00 a piece. About to go try them. Thanks Pelican. Other than that, the car is awesome and exactly like my sister's she got a year ago for $11,500 and it now has 145,000 on it. Her ball joint is squeaking now too it she says. There's some reference points for us price watchers.

Are these good cars ? Yes. Awesome cars. They look great and drive great. The chassis , drivetrain, suspension, all seem top notch , solid mercedes engineering. The only hateful thing about it is the electronics systems -- complicated and buggy. You need a star das system to clear and diagnose messages on the console. We'll see how i get out of the woods of my current issues. Seriously we'll need a lot of help with these.

Have a great day.
The S/C display is on the dash, to the right side of the odometer, opposite transmission gear display.

Problems I've had with my 2005...

SRS light at 130,000...yes bad wiring harness in steering column. $700 at dealer.

Fuel pump at 167,000 $600 in-tank dealer part. Easy to change.

Front left spindle...check your wheel bearings for lube and play!

Tstat...easy change, and got horrible mileage while it was broken.

Turbo grenaded itself at 235,000. Found rebuilt unit online for $700.

Never had any issues with SBC brakes...do all my own brake work. make sure to disconnect black connector at SBC system before doing brake work.

Fast and comfortable...love my CDI
05 MB E320CDI 232k White
05 MB E320CDI 209k Tectite Grey
99 Dodge 2500 Cummins 5sp 148k
62 Jeep CJ-6 120k