View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorblue92 View Post
I have made the switch and I doubt I will ever buy another W123 unless I stumble across a rust free turbo wagon. The W124 is light years ahead of the W123 in terms of everyday drivability. I haven't needed to do any major work to either of mine yet so my opinion of them may change. FWIW both of my cars are M103 powered but the gas mileage isn't great. I get about 25 in the 5 speed and 20 in the autotragic. I prefer to drive them over my wife's 2014 CR-V.
The W123 just isn't an ideal daily driver these days. I'd myself take a W124 over a W123 any day, but a W210 over both of them. The W123 makes an excellent Sunday car and is built better than both W124s and W210s. The fuel economy also is pretty bad in a W123 for a daily driver.

My mother was buying a new car at the time and was looking at a CR-V. I found it to feel very cheap. The interior felt like the inside of a Suburu, and just like everything I could break very easily with little effort. The ride of the CR-Vs are so-so also. I ended up steering her into a Nissan Murano which IMO is the most comparable SUV to a ML350 in terms of quality, and luxury.