View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 04:49 PM
User title not in use

Here's some pictures from Northern Mass. We already had 27" inches in our town before noon, and it has snowed basically constantly since then, so we're probably closing in on three feet now.

First, around eleven o'clock last night, our back deck looked like this:

Needless to say, we were not impressed. However, eight short hours later, when I got up...

...I was a little more impressed.

We didn't get out to shovel until the early afternoon, but things were buried! This is the only door that opens inward and so the only door that we could exit the house through:

The cars were buried.

This is our street. It hasn't been plowed since the early morning:

Here's another set of comparison pictures from last night and this afternoon.

We've managed to shovel out the path from the front door to the van, and completely freed up the van. We have nothing but shovels, so the progress is slow. I need to free up the Corolla tomorrow, which will be a big project.
Attached Thumbnails
Batten down the hatches in the Northeast!-dscn9486.jpg   Batten down the hatches in the Northeast!-dscn9494.jpg   Batten down the hatches in the Northeast!-dscn9500.jpg   Batten down the hatches in the Northeast!-dscn9502.jpg   Batten down the hatches in the Northeast!-dscn9508.jpg  

"Senior Luna, your sense of humor is still loco... but we love it, anyway." -rickymay ____ "Your sense of humor is still loco... " -MBeige ____ "Señor Luna, your sense of humor is quite järjetön" -Delibes

1982 300SD -- 211k, Texas car, tranny issues ____ 1979 240D 4-speed 234k -- turbo and tuned IP, third world taxi hot rod

2 Samuel 12:13: "David said to Nathan, “I have sinned against the Lord.” And Nathan said to David, “The Lord also has put away your sin; you shall not die."