View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 11:33 PM

Worst place I have ever been in terms of drivers is Sandy Springs, GA, which is an upscale area north of Atlanta. My brother, a friend , and I went up through there to get to a Mercedes yard. People would pull out into the intersection in heavy traffic while there was no way for them to clear the intersection before the light changed. That happened at almost every intersection we got to. That meant the traffic would back up even more because the intersection was now blocked and you had to wait for a few cycles of the light for that one or two people to get out of the intersection so people could actually go through.

We were sure we were going to get into an accident with all of these idiots out on the roads and sure enough, a driver who was jutting out into the intersection started backing up and honking the horn and yelling at us to back up, which we couldn't because there was no space for anyone in our lane to back up unless the car in the way back wanted to block the previous intersection 1/8 mile behind us. We finally got the light when the intersection was cleared of cars and the lady who had been yelling at us to back up forgot to put her car back in drive and backed into us. It was hard enough to find a place to pull over to access the damage. Fortunately, there was no damage so we calmed the other driver down, told her it was okay (she had her fast food uniform on and was pretty frazzled so we assumed she was just having a bad day), and went on our way.