View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 01:05 PM

Location: Out in the Boonies of Hot, Dry, Dusty, Windy Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
Thats what they say, but its not like "once your in there, might as well do both" Its two different jobs and I've always wanted to get back on the road after that painful master cylinder job or not so bad slave cylinder. I only replace them when they go south. One thing that could be done after replacing one or both of those cylinders is flush the entire hydraulic system using the pressure bleeder like in "bleeding the brakes and then do the clutch last. That will flush the entire system and things last longer. I think MB recommends the brake fluid is flushed every couple years or so, not that I follow that to the letter

I totally agree with Stevo on this. Flush the Brake System first, this will flush out all old fluid and gunk before trying to use the R/F Caliper to Slave Cylinder, and pimping the Brake Peddle.

You do not want to be introducing old fluid into your new Clutch system.

The system has to be bled from the bottom up to push the air up and out.
I tried to use my Motive Power Bleeder the first time I did the 4-spd swap. If it works on the brake system to go from the top down why not the Clutch system? I don't know how much fluid I shoved down from the top, but that &%#$@ clutch would not bleed.

The biggest problem as has been mentioned, the R/F Caliper Bleeder and the Slave Bleeder are 2 different sizes. So you have to cobble together the hoses. I got a Brake Fluid bath a few time under the car.

Using a Oil Pump Can or other type of separate reservoir to pump up to the Brake MC Reservoir. First suck out any fluid or adding more will over flow it.

Iam not sure exactly how I got ours to work, but suddenly it worked and told my wife, "Don`t touch anything....it works".

Be sure to wear Safety Glasses or Goggles while working under the car.

Charlie

1) Not much power
2) Even less power
3) Not nearly enough power!! 240D w/auto

Anyone that thinks a 240D is slow drives too fast.

80 240D Naturally Exasperated, 4-Spd 388k DD 150mph spedo 3:58 Diff

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works