View Single Post
Old 02-12-2003, 06:12 PM

Jacking points for W202, and some other questions...

OK, I know this is pretty simple, but I just want to be sure of this because it's very important. So it's going to be my first time changing the oil in my 99 C230 Kompressor. It's gonna be tough to get to the drain plug and drain the oil into the pan without jacking the car up (jacking from the passangers side because the drain plug is on the drivers side). Anyways, I know that there are 4 points that the car can be raised from, i'm talking about that area where you can put the MB jack in and raise the car for changing a flat tire. Is it alright to jack up the car right beneath that area? But then where would I put the jack stand if I lift up from that area? Obvious answer would be the frame, but isn't the frame that area where you jack the car up for changing the flat tire?
What other areas can the car be raised from? There is a metal brace that extends from one side of the car to another right behind the oil pan, i'm guessing this is the cross-member, would it be alright to jack up from there?