Thread: Ickey Woods
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2015, 11:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogweed View Post
this has to be one of the best examples of not getting it i've ever seen. to think anyone could be good enough at anything (let alone ascending to the pinnacle of that thing i.e. best professional league of said thing) by working 30 minutes a week is beyond ridicule. think about the work that goes into getting prepared for the 30 minutes (practice, working out, film study); not saying they aren't extremely fortunate to ball for a living but to fail to recognize the level of work and commitment is just ignorant of the facts.
absolutely.....if they did no contact during the week and tried to play guys would be getting seriously hurt all the time. now some teams go overboard but there has to be hard, game-like stuff going on in order to prepare for the speed and intensity of the game. think of a martial artist punching his hand into a bucket of pebbles for hours on end....his hand becomes like the rock
Sorry but I must disagree with your idea. If punching your fist into a bucket of rocks is great, then get a bunch of off the street thugs to tackle, and beat the shyt out of the running backs with 2X4s from Monday through Saturday to get them ready for game day. I will stand by my comment that a good game plan with healthy athletes executing those plans will be the future. That will be when the GM's figure out who to draft.