Thread: Which to keep
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 11:01 PM
Ghost of Diesels Past

Which to keep

I have to get rid of one of my benzes. It's a rule I have, I can't have more cars than parking spaces. I currently have 3. The truck, 240D, and the '87.

The '87 300D is fast, efficient, and comfortable. It needs body work for a rear fender bender. paint, small interior refresh, and the suspension gone over.engine needs a gasket job just to stop some weeping oil, a good degreasing would probably help. Paid $3k

The 240D is classy, brown, manual everything with a near mint interior and decent body. However, it needs AC work,complete suspension overhaul, brake system refreshed, starter, right front fender, all body gaskets, and an engine refresh at some point. Paid, with transporting it home, $1200.

I'm torn between which to keep and sell. I have half a mind to swap the 603 into the w123 but I'd lose money selling the shell of the 300D but would get best of both worlds. I need the truck, it's just too darn useful to have around since I have no room for a trailer. Mrs.thedon likes her basket case of a w123 too much for me to consider selling it plus that car was also only $1100.

So, what to do?