View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 06:12 AM

This was a big moment, I finally finished the electrical strip down, wohoo!
I could make the engine run with only 4 12V connections and 2 fuel pipes. It was such a relief as the electronics were the part I was most worried about for the whole job. I just had 2 permanent 12V feeds, 2 which were switched by the ignition key and 1 for the starter solenoid. It was very satisfying.
The wiring all still looks a bit of a mess but I can tidy it up once I know where to put everything in the project car.

This spaghetti is mainly the old instrument cluster connections (I still hope to find a tacho and glow plug indicator light in there) and the computer diagnostic port connection.

On the other side of the donor engine bay is another box of tricks, power for the ECU comes from here and some other stuff.

The interior isn't looking great. It turns out I didn't need anything from in here and could have left the dash intact, but I needed to get in there to trace some wires in order to learn this! I'll know for the next one ;-)

So, this is it with all the required electronics sitting on top of the engine. Attention now moves to the mechanical strip down!