View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 12:00 PM

Agreed about the AUX input -- but you don't have to use a cell connection for nav. Some tablet and phone apps allow for pre-loaded maps over wifi or usb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselPaul View Post
Interesting, I personally don't see integrated nav dying out. Especially as cell phone providers attempt to choke down the enormous amount of data consumers use. While I still have unlimited data, I don't want to use my cell phones data to stream Nav updates to my car. Also if you went to say, Canada, you'd be entirely screwed. I use my iPhone a lot more than Garmin around town, but when I go on long trips or when I am somewhere where I really will have no idea where I am, I use the Garmin. Or when in a car so equipped I use the built in-nav.

I didn't know the Lexus fact, I guess it makes sense when your median buyer still has a collection of 8 tracks and vinyl. Mercedes held a candle for cassettes for a long time, my dads CLK430 had one in 2003, and I think Chevrolet Suburbans had them until the new body in 2007.

I am surprised when I get in a new car that does not have a standard aux input though, that should be in everything.