View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 02:24 PM
...like a shield of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryantcc View Post
This is interesting Stretch, please keep posting even if there aren't replies! I'm always interested in ways of peeking into the invisible stuff that's going on.
Does the 'scope unit run off the USB power, or is there a separate power supply for it?
I sure will. I've recently been moving house and have just made a big leap westwards => I'm currently staying with my brother on the edge of Pembrokeshire...

...when I get to grips with the functionality of the thing I'll post up some more information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulfiqar View Post
Im also planning to buy this same unit, its a nice tool to own to look into ignition problems on coil over plug setup cars.
I thought so too. But I'm not really sure if it is going to be as useful and I thought. I'd like to be able to change the X-axis to show degrees of crank revolution based on TDC trigger pulses which would then help with timing => so far I haven't managed it. It is all very well looking at seconds (or milliseconds) but it doesn't mean all that much for an automotive mechanic's perspective.
1961 Volvo PV544 Bare metal rat rod-ish thing

I'm here to chat about cars and to help others - I'm not here "to always be right" like an internet warrior

Don't leave that there - I'll take it to bits!